Saturday, July 02, 2005

2005 Season Begins This Weekend!

Welcome to the Buttermilk Softball blog!

This Independence Day weekend, the Brooklyn Bodegas and the Jeans on Fire will ring in the fourth season of weekly grudge matches in the park. Our league has neither a consistent roster of players nor a coherent set of rules. No one in league history has ever struck out. Well, maybe this one guy, but we never saw him again.

I, for one, am ready to add a new volume to the Buttermilk Softball mythology. And there are many questions that remain from last season: Will the field drain properly this year? Will anyone suffer an injury more gruesome than Steven's separated shoulder? Can any single defense play top the flyness of Jesse's absentminded cell-phone catch in the outfield? And...will I continue my remarkable losing streak from last season? (My selection to a team meant almost certain defeat for that side.)

Keep checking ButtermilkSoftball.com for more team-related news. I plan to post game recaps here every weekend, but other Buttermilkians should post their clever ideas as well. (Send me an e-mail, and I'll share my special powers with you.)

No comments: