Thursday, July 21, 2005

Après Softball

So we lost last week due to rain, or rather most of us did. Carlos and I took our "never say die" attitudes out into the wet grass and played a waterlogged game of catch that put me on the fast track to Tommy John surgery. But I digress. Because of the rainout, I'm thinking everyone should be well rested for a big Sunday. After the game, and a de rigeur Bloody Mary or three at the Buttermilk, all friends of softball should consider riding the F back into Manhattan to see my band, the Metric Mile. We're playing at Cake Shop, which is on Ludlow, and features a coffee shop, a record store and a bar in one convenient package. Doors are at 8:30, and I think we're the third of three bands, so there's plenty of time for travel. Sorry to go all off topic and spammy on here, but I don't know any other way of getting in touch with the Coach, and I am dying to hear how he thinks the Metric Mile compare to the Brooklyn Dodgers.

Here's the information:
The Metric Mile (me and Patrick and our iPod)
In Interview (bouncy, skittery pop with deadpan female vocals)
The Smittens (way too cute pop from Vermont)

Cake Shop
152 Ludlow btw Rivington and Stanton
Doors at 8:30, $6

No comments: